PARIS21 is hiring:
PARIS21 is looking for a Technical Programme Advisor to join its Secretariat and play an active role in strengthening the data component of the programme. The data work follows a broad approach to data management, from data needs inventories to data dissemination and use. It is based on existing standards and emerging good practice. In addition, the data work provides tools and guidelines to countries and regional and/or global institutions transition to the new development agenda as proposed by the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
The Technical Programme Advisor will be instrumental in implementing the PARIS21 strategy and assist partner agencies at national or regional levels in:
- Improving quality of service provided to data users (international community; local, regional and international academic community and research organisations)
- Harmonise the data management processes from micro-data management to aggregate data computation and dissemination
- Approaching the new development agenda, i.e. the SDGs from a data availability and quality perspective
- Training key and targeted persons in the National Statistics System and/or regional bodies to support the data agenda
- Understanding issues surrounding data innovation as they apply to the data revolution agenda
The selected candidate will report to the PARIS21 Co-ordinator within the PARIS21 Data Team. S/he is expected to contribute to cross-country and cross-sector work with other Regional Programme Co-ordinators, consultants and other staff of the PARIS21 Secretariat. The chosen candidate will be expected to work in a team setting and contribute to an integrated execution of country focused services.
The position is based in Paris and will require extensive travel. STD/PARIS21 positions are open to nationals of OECD member countries and nationals of countries eligible to receive Official Development Assistance (ODA), as set out by the Development Assistance Committee (DAC List of ODA recipients).