A Joint OECD/PARIS21 Workshop on “Access to New Data Sources for Statistics: Business Models for Private-Public Partnerships” was held on 17-18 December 2015 at the OECD Headquarters in Paris.
Key points emerging form the presentations and discussions concerned:
- incentives for data sharing from the part of private producers
- new thinking on data privacy and confidentiality
- the different challenges in developed and developing countries
- trust and multilateral cooperation
- the role of private-public partnerships in the wider data ecosystem
The workshop revealed the need for continued dialogue between National Statistical Offices and private data providers. The OECD and PARIS21 will continue to work together to foster this dialogue, along the lines highlighted in the Next Steps section of the report.
For more information on the workshop, click here.