On 18 November 2007, national statistical offices throughout the continent celebrated African Statistics Day. The theme for the 2007 celebrations was: “Improving Employment and Related Indicators to Better Inform Labour Policies and Programmes in Africa”.
Among the advocacy materials that the UNECA African Centre for Statistics has produced for this event are the following:
- African Statistics Day 2007 - Communiqué (Arabic, English, French)
- Promotional Poster (Arabic)
- Promotional Poster (English)
- Promotional Poster (French)
- Promotional Poster (Portuguese)
The Président de la Commission de l’Union africaine, Son Excellence Professeur Alpha Oumar KONARE, delivered a declaration in honour of the African Statistics Day celebrations.