Solutions in Scarcity: Harnessing Development Assistance for Smart Gender Data Financing
Data2X, Open Data Watch, PARIS21, and UN Women invite you to attend the upcoming hybrid event “Solutions in Scarcity: Harnessing Development Assistance for Smart Gender Data Financing” on Thursday 23 February 2023 from 9-11AM ET at the UN Foundation in Washington, D.C. and online.
As the third event in the Navigating the Landscape of Gender Data Financing series, it will build on and complement the solutions identified at the country-level, highlighting ongoing efforts by development assistance providers to achieve gender equality by prioritizing gender data. It comes at a particularly critical moment in relation to the latest PRESS findings: a sharp decline in funding for gender data is putting SDG 5 at risk.
Meet our speakers
• Hana Brixi, Global Director, Gender, World Bank
• Stefania Fabrizio, Chief of the Inclusion and Gender Issues Unit in the Fund’s Strategy, Policy, and Review Department, IMF
• Gargee Ghosh, President, Global Policy & Advocacy, Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation
• Ida McDonnell, Team Lead, Development Co-operation Report and Data for Development, OECD
• Bama Athreya, Deputy Assistant Administrator for the Gender Equality and Women’s Empowerment Hub and the Inclusive Development Hub in USAID’s Bureau for Development, Democracy, and Innovation
Register for in-person attendance